When Enigma Recovery software scans your device for data, we create a copy or backup of your device, which we then analyse and scan for deleted data. On occasion, the software can encounter an issue, which causes the backup to stop and an error message is displayed.
To resolve this issue, please try the following:
- Ensure that your device remains connected throughout the scan - if you're using a non-Apple USB cable, these can sometimes cause connectivity issues
- Make sure that your device is on and charged - if it runs out of battery or is turned off, the software won't be able to complete the backup process
- Ensure that you have trusted your device
- Make sure that you have enough available space on your hard drive to complete a backup of your device - if you run out of space, the software won't be able to complete a full device backup
- Ensure that you have administrator permissions on your computer to complete a backup
- Check that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer and that you have met all other system requirements
Once you have checked the above, you can attempt to re-scan your device.
If you have tried these steps and are still unable to complete a scan of your device, please contact our support team by emailing [email protected], or starting a chat on our website. We're here to help you 24/7.