If you have a large amount of data on your device, or you are recovering media files, the scan of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch can sometimes take longer.
We would recommend the following tips to help ensure the scan of your device is completed smoothly.
- If you are trying to recover a specific type of data, for example only Messages, select this data type only before the scan - selecting multiple data types can increase the length of the scan.
- Place your iOS device into Airplane Mode.
- Check and confirm you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. If not, please download and install the latest version.
- Check if you have enough free space on your hard drive. You need a minimum of 10GB free space on the computer.
- Check if the device has been disconnected or disrupted during the scanning process. We advise that you try not to use your device whilst the scan is taking place.
- Check your task manager by holding 'control, alt & delete' and see how much 'CPU/Memory' your computer is using while running Enigma Recovery as sometimes the over use of your computers CPU can cause the software to crash.
- Check the cable that is being used and make sure there is no disruptions caused due to the cable. It may help to use a different USB port.