When you connect an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer and then launch Enigma Recovery, the software will scan for your device and notify you that a device has been recognised.
If you have connected your device and have the software open, but cannot see your device in the software interface, this means that the software has not been able to detect or recognise your connected device. This can happen if:
- There is more than one iOS device connected to the computer, making it difficult for the software to choose one for recovery
- iTunes is not detected on the computer
- The iTunes version on the computer is not the latest version
To overcome these issues:
- Disconnect any unnecessary devices from your Windows or Mac computer, connecting only the device that you need to recover data from
- Ensure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your computer
- Ensure that your device is connected in iTunes
Once you have tried these steps, the software should be able to detect and recognise your device. If you still cannot find your device in Enigma Recovery, check that iTunes is recognising your device and make sure you have ‘Trusted’ the device, in order to grant access to recover your data. You can find out more about what to do if iTunes is unable to recognise your device here.
iTunes Recognises my device, but Enigma Recovery does not
If you have connected your device and can see it in iTunes, but Enigma Recovery is not displaying it, please contact our support team by clicking on the Messenger icon at the bottom of the screen. To help us deal with your request more quickly, please send a screenshot of your device being recognised in iTunes and provide us with the iOS version and iTunes version that you are using. Our support agents will be more than happy to help you recover your important data!